In this page: Latest Indian News | Breaking News | Today's Frontpages | Old Issues
Tsunami Photos and News
The latest Tsunami (2004 December 26 00:58:49 UTC [07:58:49 local time in Jakarta and Bangkok]) came just three days after a magnitude 8.1 earthquake in a completely uninhabited region west of New Zealand's Auckland Islands, and north of Australia's Macquarie Island. Also the earthquake struck almost exactly one year (within an hour) after a magnitude 6.6 earthquake killed an estimated 30,000 people in the city of Bam in Iran (2003 December 26 01:56:52 UTC) . For more information try Wikipedia
Latest Tsunami Updates: Asia Quake Deaths May Reach 100,000; Relief Efforts Hindered Bloomberg
Minutes after a massive earthquake rocked the Indian Ocean on Sunday, international ocean monitors knew that a tsunami would likely follow. But they didn't know whom to tell. cdnn.info
Bush: Stingy or what?!The texan pledged $15 million after waiting three days to the millions affected on the other side of the world. Here is what you can do with $15 million in America:
• Signup Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon or Drew Barrymore. They are all worth $15 million each per film and they are only in joint position 5 in hollywood.
• Pay $10 million to the winner of the "Who wants to be a Millionaire" Show, and pocket the rest $5 million!
• Pay what the Brave's spent for a face lift to Turner Field in Atlanta.
• Pay AmeriDebt's debts of $15 million to the Internal Revenue Service.
• Give back to Michael Jackson, what he paid to settle a boy's 1993 sex abuse claim.
• Give back what Howard Dean raised in the fourth quarter of 2003 towards his presidential campaign.
• Have the same amount in bank, as John Kerry did when he ended his campaign.
• Pay up MTA (Metro Transit Authority) Officers' Overtime salary for the year 2004.
• Repeat Clinton's $15 million gun buyback program.
• You already have what Mel Gibson made from The Passion of the Christ on its opening night!
• Pay NBA center Patick Ewing's salary for one season.
> America already spent 150 Billion to "save Iraqis from Saddam", but they only have $15 million for South East Asians.
Biggest / Worst Natural Disasters
HIGHEST DEATH TOLL FROM A FLOODAn estimated 900,000 people were killed when the Huang He (Yellow River), Huayan Kou, China, burst its banks in October 1887.
HIGHEST DEATH TOLL FROM A TSUNAMIFollowing an earthquake off the coast of Sanriku, Japan, in 1896, approximately 27,000 people were drowned when a tsunami hit the coast.
HIGHEST DEATH TOLL FROM A VOLCANIC ERUPTIONWhen the Tambora volcano in Sumbawa, Indonesia (then the Dutch East Indies) erupted from April 5-10, 1815, 92,000 people were killed.
HIGHEST DEATH TOLL FROM AN EARTHQUAKEAn earthquake that struck the Shaanxi, Shanxi, and Henan Provinces of China on February 2, 1556, is believed to have killed approximately 830,000.
HIGHEST EARTHQUAKE DEATH TOLL OF MODERN TIMESThe highest earthquake death toll in modern times was caused by one that hit Tangshan, China, on July 28, 1976. The official figure of 655,237 deaths
CURRENT TRAGEDY114,000 and counting..
Latest News from India
India's National Newspaper
- Death toll in Andamans put at 10,000
- 80,000 dead in Asia
- Kalam calls for tsunami warning system
- Illicit liquor toll 67
- Centre convenes emergency meeting
- Tsunami photo gallery
News from Times family!
- Alert in Andamans as high waves dash islands
- Diarrhoea breaks out in Nagapattinam
- New tsunami fear, govt sounds 48-hour alert
- Moderate quake sparks panic in Indonesia
- India joins four-nation group for tsunami relief
- India: Toll reaches 13,230
Save on Long Distance starting at just 3.45¢ per minute.
Low-cost Internet service, cellphones and more.
- Telephone services for your home
- Internet access for 50% less than others
- Computers, accessories and other office products
- Direct Broadcast Satellite Television - Over 500 Channels
Make purchasing your business communications needs
simple and easy-with all products in one place
- Business services - Inexpensive Phone, Internet, VoIP, 800 nos etc
- Quality Discounted Web hosting & domain names
- Best Cellular/PCS companies for Wireless services
- High Quality Voice Messaging services at very Low Prices
English Newspapers from Secunderabad
- 100,000+ tragic truth?
- Peer keeps fisherfolks’ faith intact
- Victims of tsunami battle naive officials
- Shocks rock Andamans
- Global flu pandemic ‘getting closer’
News from the Express Network
ARCHIVES login: deepthi; password: deepthi
- A moved PM offers all help to tsunami victims
- Coming next month: Brand new coastal rules
- Photo essay: The day after: Grief and Rehabilitation in Chennai
- It was S&T ministry that triggered the tsunami scare
- Centre got wind of earthquake an hour before it struck Chennai coast
Whether you are business traveler, college student
or leisure traveler, we can help you stay in touch
- Travel services - stay in touch and save money
- Global Origination Calling cards
- Wireless services from Major providers
- Follow me 800 service
A chance to save up to 70% with great selection of
home and business services with worldwide origination
- Services available for residents of Canada
- Services available outside North America
- Worldwide Origination Internet
- VoIP and Broadband Phone
Uplifting the Downthrodden
- Tsunami toll rises to 4,000 in south India
- Tsunami warning leads to tension along Kerala coasts
- India joins hi-nation group to provide Tsunami aid
- Tsunami: Body count still on, toll crosses 10,000 in India
- Mercury falls furthur, fog disrupts trains, some flights in Delhi
Largest Circulated Daily in Kerala
- Warnings of disease explosion as millions desperate for water
- Indian government issues nationwide tsunami alert
- SAARC Summit postponed
- Minor rape case: Minister Kunhalikutty bows to public demand; tenders resignation
- 'Human activities contributed to tsunami's ravages'
The People's Paper
- Investigation: A messy temple affair
- Is M D Ambani really an MBA?
- ‘Honeymoon couple on spycam for just Rs 100’
- Flat pitch; Boria Majumdar's book Twenty-Two Yards to Freedom
- ‘If IAF people suffer, I suffer’
Nothing to Hide!
- Aiyar asks oil majors to help tsunami victims
- 'Railways to carry relief materials free of cost'
- Asian tsunami toll mounts to 82,847
- 7000 still missing in Andamans
- Most Lankan bodies go unclaimed
"Prime Minister" SoniaWe are happy to see that at least one Newspaper in India has the guts to identify the real Prime Minister, and print it at the top of their front page. But, knowing the history of the newspaper group, it came as no surprise.
This came at the same time when Rediff ran an article saying PVN Rao, a former Prime Minister, was denied a state funeral in the capital by Sonia Gandhi.
India Breaking & Financial News Live
Feed of Today's News
The times we live inUS and Airport Security The federal agency in charge of airline screening yesterday (Dec 22 2004) changed its policy on patdowns, in part because of complaints by women passengers about searches of their chests. From now on, screeners are to use the back of the hand when screening sensitive body areas, which include the breasts (females only), genitals, and buttocks. TSA said this will make the experience more comfortable for women. Really?!
Indian News papers malayalam news paper daily Indian News indian Indian News cinema malayalam news film Indian News India Indian News India News India News papers com India News India News paper com India News paper India Indian News
© Deepthi.com, 2003-2004. All Rights Reserved.
Contact email@example.com for comments and suggestions.